homeaboutcontactdisclosure

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Free-Hand Dog and Paw Print Nail Art



Hi everyone!

Sorry I'm late!

I thought I could keep posting at my normal rate while I tend to Odie, but after staying up with him all night I've confused my body into changing my sleep schedule to daylight hours. 
Some extra melatonin should get me back on track, but I still slept through a day or two without a post!

With my world revolving around the repercussions of the dog fight, I found it only fitting to create a look inspired by my furbaby. 

So today I have a free-handed nail art design to share with you full of glitter, paw prints, and a puppy portrait. 

I shortened my nails for extra precaution while caring for Odie's injuries, but don't worry. My extensive vitamin routine causes my nails to grow very fast.

 

My thumb (not pictured), index and pinky are sporting Hard Candy "Cocoa Smore" from the Candy Sprinkles collection. Swatches of the entire collection can be viewed here. I then chose to matify them using the Julep Matte Top Coat.

The paw print pattern on my middle finger was created with OPI's "Nein! Nein! OK Fine!" I began with a single coat for the base and followed with Julep's Matte Top Coat once again. I then took a medium sized dotting tool to create the paw prints. 





My ring finger was free-handed utilizing a couple of small nail art brushes and a dotting tool for his eyes and nose. 

I began with two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in  "Bocha Mocha." 

Taking a small nail art brush, I began working in the different tones of Odie's fur using OPI "Don't Pretzal My Buttons" (a light nude) for highlights and Julep "Olivia" (a dark brown) for shading. 

The area around the nose and eyes were created using OPI "Nein! Nein! OK Fine!" Any highlighted areas were used by mixing in a bit Julep Eileen (a stark white), which was also used for the eyes.

The darkest parts of the nose and the pupils of his eyes were dotted in with Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in "Black Heart." 
I'll admit, I exaggerated the eyes a bit. He's usually squinting, but it wouldn't translate properly on the nail.

I finished the design with a generous coat of Out The Door Top Coat.




I want to thank everyone again for the well wishes for Odie. 

After a long, exhausting week of worry and tending to his wounds I finally can rest assured that he is going to make a full recovery. 

The major puncture wound in his leg has finally drained (gross, I know) and is beginning to close, meaning the antibiotics have flushed out the infection before it spread. The swelling has almost completely diminished and Odie is able to walk again! He also ate some food for the first time today. :)

He's back to his happy, sappy self...well, minus the shame he feels wearing his ecollar.
...and from the cats trying to steal his food!



Now that things are getting back to normal, I have lots of things planned for upcoming posts here at the Manicured Amateur. 

My no-buy has been lifted and I'm going to have lots of new goodies on the way to share with you, plus requested tutorials and a look into my nail care routine!


So keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Bloglovin' 
and give this look some love on Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest!

Thanks for reading!

-Melody

6 comments:

  1. As always, your nail designs are impeccable! Have you entered/considered entering Rite Aid's nail art contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww glad to see he is feeling better. I love the design on your middle finger, it's very understated but cute at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! :) Hope he's feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm glad Odie feels better. The mani is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!!! i love the matte/glossy paws!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...