homeaboutcontactdisclosure

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sation Of Corset I'll Call You from the April Ipsy Glam Bag!



Happy May everyone!


We know that April showers bring may flowers, so in spirit of the changing month I wanted to share with you this pretty pink beauty from Sation Nail Lacquer in Of Corset I'll Call You.



Pricing & Availability

Even though I received mine in my April Ipsy Glam Bag, you can get your hands on (or get this on your hands, teehee) for $5.00 through Sation's website by clicking here.


The Color

Of Corset I'll Call You is a semi-sheer, dusty pink creme with some serious purple undertones.

Sation "Of Corset I'll Call You"


I wasn't expecting this to go on as sheer as it did, because the formula is definitely on the thick side. However it's one of those "thick but in a good way" polishes. It's not a goopy thick, it's just held together more. It went on extremely smooth and application required little effort.

On the first coat it appears to be almost a "barely there" sort of shade, but I had no trouble building it up to full opacity in three coats. The only downside was the drying time. It's definitely took longer than the average polish, but to me the final result was worth it.


Why am in favor of this? There's something about this polish that just makes the nails look fresh out of the nail salon. My nails have always been paper thin, but this is one of the few polishes that have made them look thick and healthy without it looking like I have access layers of polish on. 


Sation "Of Corset I'll Call You"

In short, it's classy an chic. This specific shade has a lot of depth for a creme color. The transition from sunlight to shade reveals a more lilac hue, which is equally as gorgeous. I'm partial to polishes that can surprise me in that way and this one had me at the bottle.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the little star on my ring finger. Not that this shade needed any dressing up, but I wanted to play around with the larger studs varieties in my stud wheel from Born Pretty Store (full review coming soon).



On another note (brief Ipsy information):

I mentioned that this was received through my April Ispy Glam Bag. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box service filled with curated makeup, skin and hair care products based upon your beauty profile. 

It's similar to Birchbox in the manner that you're paying $10 a month and not everyone will receive exactly the same selection.

I haven't chosen to review Ipsy just yet, as I usually like to wait two or three months to really experience all aspects of a subscription program before I develop my full opinion. This was the first glam bag I have purchased, but I will go ahead and jump the gun in saying that I already love it and definitely think it's worth $10.




In the meantime, you can visit ipsy.com to see what it's all about and sign up yourself! 
There's usually a waiting list, so I recommend signing up now. Once your subscription becomes active you have 72 hours to actually place your order. 

(Psst! The Ipsy Facebook page revealed that Zoya will be in the May bag, so excited!)



What do you think of this shade? 
Do you own any polishes from Sation Nail Lacquer?
Let me know your favorites from this brand in the comments below, and give this color some love on Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr.

Also, if you're interested in the Ipsy program and would like a post about the other items I received, just let me know!

Thanks for reading!

-Melody

3 comments:

  1. It's very pretty and delicate looking! I can't wait to try out some Sation polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty little spring pink! i have only tried 2 sation polishes but i have adored their formulas, i need many more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...